Our Aims and Vision
We recognise that every child is a unique person, and our aim is to help all our children develop further reaching their fullest potential. Through encouraging their personalities, and valuing their interests, we seek to grow grounded individuals with a love of learning, confidence in themselves, and deep understanding of the importance of community. Whilst they are in our care we will do our utmost to ensure that every child grows in wisdom and stature, in the eyes of all. We want our children to leave this school well-equipped – academically, emotionally, and socially – to make their distinct mark on the world, and able to bring their particular talents to bear in making it a better place.
We will do this by:
- Knowing each child individually and valuing and encouraging them as a unique child.
- Ensuring a working and learning environment that is respectful, caring, and supportive, in which all members of our school community are free to express who they are and achieve all they can.
- Delivering a rich, and inter-connected curriculum of learning across all subjects, in a well-maintained and stimulating environment.
- Monitoring each child’s progress, to support the production of individually tailored learning plans and objectives, and lesson construction.
- Prioritising emotional and physical health and wellbeing alongside academic success.
- Not being afraid of challenges and encouraging all members of our school community to recognise the importance of resilience, and growth in the face of adversity.
- Providing opportunities for our students to engage with the wider world, through extra-curricular activity, and charity work.
- Rigorous and thorough monitoring of our school by our committed team of governors, who will support, guide and hold the head teacher and staff to account.