Our Federation welcomes and supports children with medical and health conditions. We aim to include all children with medical conditions in all school activities, including off site visits, differentiated as appropriate. We recognise that some medical conditions may be defined as disabilities and consequently come under the Equalities Act 2010.
The Federation has a responsibility to plan ahead for pupils with medical conditions who may enrol for our school in the future.
- We will only administer medication at school when it is essential to do so and where not to do so would be detrimental to a child's health;
- We will only accept medication that has been prescribed by a doctor, dentist, nurse prescriber or pharmacist prescriber;
- We will not give Aspirin to any child under 16 unless it is prescribed;
- We only give medication when we have written parental/carer permission to do so;
- Medication is stored in the school office
Please complete the request to administer medication form if your child requires medication.