What are we looking for?
Our Federation Governing Body is made up of governors from all walks of life and many come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences but they are all volunteers who work together for the benefit of our Federation and are the link between our schools and the community they serve.
We want you –
We are currently looking for new governors and would be delighted to hear from anyone who has:
• an interest in the performance of the school
• a desire to contribute to and represent the community
• an open and enquiring mind
• the ability to look at issues objectively
• the confidence to ask questions and join in debate
• a willingness to listen and make informed judgements
• the ability to work well with others
If you match the above description, you may be the very person to become a governor at our Federation. Everyone has something to offer; we want people from as many backgrounds and with as wide a range of interests as possible.
What can we offer?
• A chance to develop skills in strategic management
• The opportunity to work with our team of governors and staff in improving our schools
• A sense of achievement in making a difference to our schools
• The pleasure of helping students reach their potential
What is the Governing Body’s Role?
The Governing Body of our Federation plays a key role in:
• setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement
• monitoring progress towards meeting these targets
• supporting and challenging the performance of the headteacher
• deciding policy and future development plans
• check that the schools are compliant with statutory guidance such as safeguarding
As well as attending meetings, governors are also asked to look at specific areas of the schools’ work in more detail. To help support governors, everyone has access to further training to help build on existing skills or to develop new ones. If you are interested, please contact one of our schools via the school administrator and a member of the governing body will contact you to discuss further.